- Dothan, 84 West
- Dothan, Northside
- Dothan, Metro West
- Dothan, Eastside
- Ozark, 1548 Hwy 231, Suite F
- Daleville, 88 N Daleville Avenue
- Enterprise, 1032-P Boll Weevile Cr.
- Enterprise, 847 Boll Weevil Cr.
- Troy, 1118A Hwy 231
- Mobile, Cottage Hill
- Mobile, Schillinger / Airport
- Mobile, Airport / Azalea
- Mobile, 5821 Old Shell Road
- Foley, 201 E Michigan Ave
- Daphne, 28588 US Hwy 98
- Panama City, 640 W 23rd Street
- Panama City,
7510 Thomas Dr.
- Panama City, Back Beach Rd.
- Lynn Haven, 1809 W Hwy 77
- Callaway / Parker, 224-B S Tyndall
- Destin, 16055 Emerald Coast Pkwy
- Ft. Walton Bch, 415 Mary Esther
- Ft. Walton Bch, 98 N Eglin Pkwy
- Pensacola, 312 E. 9 Mile Rd.
- Pensacola, 8084 N Davis
- Pensacola, Cordova Commons
New Customer's - First Time to Club Sun?
Congratulations on your decision to tan responsibly - indoors - with Club Sun. You're going to love the cosmetic and energizing benefits that UV light provides! We offer you state of the art, well maintained tanning equipment in a clean and friendly environment as our certified staff strives to make your every tanning session a pleasant one!
It's all about Color and we want to serve your color needs. We provide up to five levels of UV units for those of you that want a true golden tan.
Club Sun also offers UV Free Color with our Sunless Spray Booths…perfect for weekends or special occasions and we offer a complete line of tanning products that specialize in producing beautiful, rich, longer lasting tans.
What to do next?
Come on in to any of our salon locations and ask for the"NEW CUSTOMER SPECIAL". You must be a new, local customer to redeem this offer. A complete listing of our salons is located on the left hand column of this page. Come on in for 2 weeks unlimited UV tanning for FREE AND / OR a $9.95 Sunless Spray Tan Session...no catches...no kidding. Try us absolutely free..you'll LOVE US!
Please Note: For FREE 2 Weeks AND / OR $9.95 Sunless Spray Tan, must present local ID.
Tanning Education 101
First, let's talk about how your skin tans. Basically it works the same indoors or out. Ultraviolet rays penetrate your skin causing different reactions. UVA rays (oxidizing/tanning rays) and UVB rays (melanin producing rays) are emitted by the sun as well as our tanning lamps. UVB is commonly referred to as the burning ray because it is more intense than UVA and can be responsible for sunburn. Tanning lamps emit more UVA and much less UVB than the sun on a clear sunny day.
"Indoors" creates the best bronzing combination. Although UVB is responsible for overexposure, it is necessary in acquiring a tan. UVB stimulates melanocytes (pigment cells) in your skin to produce melanin (pigment). The melanin absorbs UVA to keep it from reaching deeper, more sensitive layers of the skin. UVA oxidizes (or darkens) the melanin; thus forming a tan. This whole process is the body's own natural defense against a sunburn.
By controlling the type and amount of UV light you receive, there is no doubt that this is the best way to acquire a tan even with the most optimal outdoor conditions.
- Protect your lips with lip balm or sunscreen.
- If you plan to tan in the nude, cover previously unexposed areas of the skin for the majority of your tanning time for the first few visits. Gradually increase exposure to these areas until thy catch up with the rest of your tan.
- If you are taking medications, please let one of our staff members know, some medications can be photosensitive.
- More importantly, wear protective tanning eyewear. All of our eyewear, whether you buy your own or wear a pair provided by Club Sun, is FDA compliant. We strongly encourage customers to purchase their own.
Other Great Resources
- Indoor Tanning Questions Answered
- Sunless Tanning Questions Answered
- More Education
Check out www.SunshineVitamin.org for tanning truth facts.